When it comes to flawlessly sending or receiving emails along with proper management of multiple email accounts, Microsoft Outlook can be the right choice and has been a pivotal emailing client with a vast user base of millions of people worldwide. It allows users to take a quick visit to email account separately and have all emails in one place without accessing them on a different browser. Apart from all this, there are numerous amazing features such as contacts manager, journal, calendar and many more useful ones associated with Microsoft Outlook.
Like other IT software, it would not be wrong to state Outlook it is also prone to several sorts of problems, glitches, and bugs. As novice users, such technical obstacles and hiccup sometimes be annoying & frustrating too. One common problem that arises frequently is Outlook not responding error. In order to fix this error and to reduce your stress, this blog piece has put together a comprehensive resolution that will not only resolve such error but also provide you with a hassle-free experience.
Why Is Microsoft Outlook Not Responding?
Get to Know Possible Causes:-
There can be numerous numbers of possible reasons for your Microsoft Outlook to deny working & stop responding. Such error may crop up when users doing the following things mentioned below:
- Attempt open/ close Outlook.
- The computer virus, malware infection or digital threats.
- Hardware problems.
- Add-ins can also be a reason.
- Improper installation of Outlook.
- Overloaded or damaged PST Files
- Corrupt user’s Outlook profile.
- Replying to an important email.
- Try to upload/ download an attachment.
- While switching from folder to folder.
Check Prompt & Permanent Solutions
Method 1: Properly Repair Office Suite
- Shut down all active MS Office applications from the computer system.
- Go to Start and reach to ‘Control Panel’ where users should opt for the programs and Features’ option.
- Choose the ‘Repair’ option by right-clicking on MS Office application.
- Once done and just close all unnecessary programs.
Method 2: Disable Outlook Add-ins:
- Opt for ‘Outlook Options’, if you encounter the above-mentioned errors and are looking to disable the add-ins.
- Opt for the ‘Add-ins’ Tab & click on the ‘Go’ option and you will be able to remove added add-ins from a new dialog box.
Method 3: Repair Damaged PST File:
- First of all, MS Outlook must be shut down and once done, go to ‘OFFICE’ Folder.
- Find scanpst.exe that users should double click on it.
- Now, click on the ‘Browse’ option in order to select the PST file.
- Opt for ‘Options’ and go with ‘Scan’.
- Afterward, go to the ‘Start’ button and once the error is determined, you should quickly begin with the PST repair procedure.
Method 4: Turn On Antivirus Software:
Outdated antivirus can be the main reason for Outlook not responding error. These obsolete anti-spam programs prevent it to function in a proper manner. However, in order to get rid of such errors, you should make a habit of updating anti-virus on a regular basis. In addition to this, you are also recommended to add Outlook add-ins with the aid of the trusted applications list.
What Should Users Do If the Above Solution Doesn’t Work?
It is well ensured that the above-mentioned solutions are very easy to execute and will surely resolve the errors directly from the root. In addition, we can assist if users are looking for additional guidance so that they could deal with problems that arise while implementing the above troubleshooting methods. Our technical professionals are ace at delivering quality technical backing and have you to have an amazing emailing experience with no problems.